In the industrial world, maintenance is an important thing to do. Non-living thing such as computer, bicycle, car, etc., needs regular maintenance to maintain the longevity of their performance. It is, of course, something beneficial for us if it is done properly. That is why preventive maintenance schedule templates are simply needed in this field.
What does preventive maintenance means?
Preventive maintenance is a maintaining procedure that is done regularly to prevent failures. This regular activity should be organized and monitored to keep everything under control and on track.
Why should we do preventive maintenance to the equipment?
Tools have limited time to use. Doing regular maintenance or preventive maintenance will likely help the equipment to last longer and perform better. Thus, preventive maintenance schedule templates will be much of help to maintain your equipment regularly. Here are more reasons for you to do preventive maintenance;
- Saving your money: logically a preventive maintenance cost will be cheaper than buying new equipment in a short time right? You can allocate your funds to buy other equipment or anything else.
- Maximize tools and time efficiency: regular maintenance will help you to keep the tool’s performance at its best, and it also helps you to save time without worrying about equipment failure that will take a lot of your time and make your work un-done. Efficient equipment means higher profit you will get.
- Prolong its life: Besides maintaining its performance at its best, regular maintenance also increases the chance of the equipment to last longer than it should be.
- Reduce maintenance cost: the cost that you need to pay for reactive maintenance relatively more expensive than preventive maintenance. That is why preventive maintenance schedule will also help you to maintain the regular equipment maintenance that needs to be done.
How often should we do preventive maintenance?
Despite the benefit of doing preventive maintenance, many people still don’t know how to do it and when to do it. So here are some tips on how to do and when to do preventive maintenance to your equipment:
- Make a list of the equipment that needs to be maintained
- Establish the list of people that will be involved in the maintenance project
- Make preventive maintenance procedures
- Use preventive maintenance schedule templates
- Try to train your workers
- Analyze and adjust the maintenance work
As about when to do the maintenance, try to check the time of use. Analyze the environment and the equipment condition. Those things will help you to schedule the perfect time to do the regular maintenance that is needed. Thus, having a maintenance schedule will help you to make everything easier to organize. And in case you don’t know how to make such a schedule, visit our website and customize your own preventive maintenance schedule templates. It comes in various formats and designs. Most of all it is ready to print, so it will save your time!
Preventive Maintenance Schedule Sample Template