Before renting any house or place, you need to create a legal document between the landlord and the tenant. This document called house rental contract that has to be known and signed by both business partners. Is it really essential to have this document? Want to know more about house rental agreements? Please check below!
What is House Rental Contract?
In short, a rental agreement is a legal document that defines the deal between the owner of a place (“lessor” or “landlord”) and the person who is willing to pay rent (“lessee” or the “tenant”.) The contract give the detailed information about rules, regulations, and payment for renting. All the conditions and terms of the house rental agreements usually are negotiable between the business partners, and once it signed, the contract is legal and mutually binding.
Who is the target audience of house rental agreement samples? The target or subject is someone who is letting out their real estate, apartments, residential houses, and other properties for lease. Even the person as a tenant who is looking for any real estate or properties for rent can use these home rental agreements with the respective landlords.
The Terms to Include in House Rental Contract
Here are the following topics in the house rental contract:
- Names of all the occupants and tenants. The tenants are legally responsible for paying the rent and following all other rules, terms, and conditions of the house rental contract.
- Description of rental. Describe the exact address of the house and other areas are included in the house for rent agreement.
- Term of leasehold. The rental document creates short-term leases which automatically renew until the tenants or landlord terminate.
- Rent. Do not just write in the number of rent, but also explain how it is to be paid and how long it is to be paid.) To avoid misunderstanding, explain the details such as payment methods, deposits, and fees.
- Maintenance and repairs. It includes the responsibility to clean and to pay for any damage they cause.
- Entry to hire property. House rental agreements must explain your obligations and rights to access business to avoid illegal entry of privacy.
- Rules and essential policies. There are the following policies in some rental contracts:
- No illegal activity: preventing the injury to business partners and your property.
- Smoking: you have the right to restrict smoking in your area.
- Pets: You have the right to prohibit any pets in your area.
- Contact information. Get details information in house rental agreements about your business partners for further communication and to avoid misunderstanding.
- Other restrictions. You need to think about additional restrictions that might require you to disclose particular data in your rental contract.
A house rental document is an important contract in business in discussing clearly the terms and conditions of renting any properties. When it comes to constructing a rental contract, the house rental agreements are what you need for. The templates are available with many formats such as PDF, MS Word, Google Sheet, and Google Docs.
House Rental Agreements Template Sample