As an owner in the business relationship, you need to create a document that contains terms of employment. Why is it a must for the owner? Employment agreement defines the employment relationship with the company in terms of work expectation and compensation. Do you want use them to know more about employment agreement templates? Please check it below!
Employment Agreement Types
If you are hiring a new employee, you need to meet your employee and discuss the employment’s terms. The conditions and terms of the job, including salary and work expectations. An employment agreement is presented in these two types:
- Collective Employment Agreement – This document is negotiated by several people in the company, and the employee has rights to add individual terms in the paper.
- Individual Employment Agreement – This document is dealt with the employer and the employee only.
Since there are two types of employment agreement templates, you need to classify your workers correctly. Employment types include:
- Permanent Full Time
- Permanent Part-Time
- Fixed Period or Term
Purposes of an Employee Agreement
There are some reasons why employment agreements templates are essential, such as:
- Clarity of Expectations – make both parties understand the duties needed to be achieved by both the business partners.
- Definite Enforcement of Rights – An employee can see employment rights set by law in the agreement.
Elements in Writing an Employment Contract
- Job Information – The first information is the job itself. The description must be explained in the employment agreement templates.
- Compensation and Benefits Packages – the base salary and the benefits you are going to be given for your worker.
- Other Required Obligations – Some companies have requirements following standard procedure.
What is Details Included in an Employment Contract
A simple employment contract template word will identify the following fundamental aspects:
- Position: Title and description of the job.
- Compensation: The amount of salary
- Start Date: When the workers will start working for you.
- Term: Fixed amount of time the workers are expected to work.
- Benefits: Details about disability protection, vacation, health insurance, maternity leave, paid time off (PTO), and any other benefits should be written on employment agreement templates.
However, much standard employment contract also includes provisional clauses for legal protection in the company, such as:
- Confidentiality: the document specifies which that trade secrets, lists of clients, and private data cannot be shared while working for this employer or future workers.
- Non-compete: the employment agreement templates prohibits the workers from working for competing business companies or competing with the other workers if they leave.
- Non-solicitation: workers may not recruit other co-workers to join them when they are leaving the company.
- Probationary Period
- Termination: The reasons why the business relationship may be ended.
- Work for Hire Clause
- Agency Provision
An employment contract is vital in partnership to discuss clearly the outline of rights, obligations, and responsibilities of the parties during the work period. When it comes to constructing employment for your business, the employment agreement templates are what you need for. The templates are available with many formats such as PDF, MS Word, Google Sheet, and Google Docs.