If someone gets divorced and want to handle the family’s responsibilities and also divides the marital assets, all you need is a divorce contract. This agreement can be used to explain the settlement terms of you and your spouse after divorce. Want to know more about this divorce agreement? Check the short review and samples below!
What is The Divorce Contract?
This contract basically focuses on a married couple that will handle the family’s responsibilities and divides the marital assets during the process of dispersing the marriage. This document addresses issues of spousal and child support, division of assets and debts, child custody arrangements, and marital home.
How to Use This Divorce Agreement?
Both partners can use the divorce agreement template to arrange some things regarding their divorce. They can discuss first their spousal support, child custody, property assets, visitation schedules, child support, and others. Both couples must complete any sections in the document and disclose any data necessary.
Both couples must independently consult attorneys after completing the document to make everything goes well. After reviewing the paper, the client can take the divorce agreement to a judge. If the Court decides the contract is fair to all concerned couple, the document may be signed into the Court as a final judgment of divorce.
The Divorce Contract’s Components
- You and your couple divorce with agreement, so you need to identify the title of the document.
- Identify the information of the couple, lawyers, children, and any person involved in this case.
- You need to put the precise reason or statement why the divorce is being filed.
- Identify the assets which need to be divided. It would be best if you also thought about how it will be distributed.
- You need to explain in the divorce agreement about how child custody, child support, and parenting time will be addressed.
- The explanation about the number of spousal support. It also explains how long the support will be paid and how it will be paid. The document usually states the terms and conditions.
- The specific place of the jurisdiction.
- A data clarification about how it will be distributed.
- You can check on the template for divorce agreement where you should put a signature.
Writing The Divorce Contract
- Try to draft all of the important data and divorce templates based on divorce laws. You can consult or get help from the expert in this case.
- Both couple must agree about the agreement.
- Make a detail lists of the marital assets and how the couple plan to divide them.
- Carefully and calmly discuss child custody, parenting time, and child support to experts.
- Review the draft before you sign it. You must read the contract before signing the document. One small mistake or typo might cause a problem in Court later.
A divorce contract is essential for a couple to solve the problem related to family responsibilities. When it comes to family responsibilities, the divorce agreement template is what you need. The models are available with many formats such as PDF, MS Word, Google Sheet, and Google Docs.