What Is a Behavior Checklist?
A behavior checklist is a kind of checklist to monitor children’s attitude and performance in the class. This kind of checklist is used by a teacher to help them to assess their students. There are some characteristics that you need to know about behavior checklist, and those are:
- You can find a pattern of students’ behavior and monitor them.
- You can take notice if there is something wrong with the students.
- You can monitor their performance in the class, for instance how they participate in answering teacher’s questions.
- You can also monitor their social interactions between the students itself, or between students and the teacher.
Tips In Making A Behavior Checklist?
As you may know that behavior checklist templates help the teacher to monitor their students, here are some tips to make behavior-based safety observation checklist templates for you.
- Include basic information in the data, such as students’ names, class, and other basic information.
- The most common behavior checklist is using table form.
- There should be a different category in each row, such as the kind of behavior that students have or the problems that students faced in their class.
- In each row, there will always a column where you can insert your checks.
- Add numbers and also a description of each category to make the checklist becomes more specific.
Behavior Checklist Templates
Here is an example of preschool behavior checklist templates that you can use for your teaching and learning class later on. Besides, this behavior checklist template is not an absolute checklist, so you can change and remove some points based on your class situation as much as you want.
Preschool Behavior Checklist
Students’ Name: …………….. Age: … years old Class: ……………..
Check EACH statement with the number that suits the students’ behavior in the blank space below. To get a good result, please use the same aged students as a “norm” for comparing the students’ behavior and performance.
- Students never do this behavior before
- Students do this behavior rarely
- Students do this behavior occasionally
- Students do this behavior often
- Students do this behavior very often
|Student doesn’t complete the tasks|
|Student acts before thinking|
|Student runs and or climbs a great deal|
|Student cannot make a good friend|
|Student has night terrors (parents only)|
|Student doesn’t want to listen to the lesson|
|Student is easily to get bored|
|Student has trouble with seated|
|Student does a daydream in class|
|Student has sleepwalking (parents only)|
|Student doesn’t have a good concentration|
|Student has difficulty to organize work|
|Student has difficulty to sit still|
|Student doesn’t show emotional expression|
|Student has difficulty to fall asleep (parents only)|
|Student is to get distracted easily|
|Student interrupts or speaks out of turn|
|Student on the go a great deal|
|Student slows to use material|
|Student is bedwetting (parents only)|
|Student has difficulty completing the tasks|
|Student needs a lot of supervision from teacher|
|Student moves a lot in the daytime|
|Student slows in responding situation or people|
|Student has difficulty to be awakened once asleep|
|Student has a trauma (parents only)|
Based on this behavior checklist template, this kind of templates is also called as preschool behavior checklist templates and categorized as behavior-based safety observation checklist templates. Again, you can rearrange the statements as you want based on your current class situation.
Sample Behavior Checklist Templates